Thursday, April 11, 2013

"Jewel Box" - 6 Year Anniversary

Soon after I started working with South Main, I had an opportunity to design a concept house for a "potential" client, who was interested in buying a lot in the Development.  I was given a basic program, and the concept of designing a "jewel box", meaning tight square footage, high quality.  It's 1,466 s.f.

We discussed it internally as an opportunity to explore the "classical spectrum" of the South Main Style, more refined, with elements such as cut stone (ambitiously imagined as cut from granite boulders on site).    Unfortunately it was never built, but remains one of my favorite unbuilt projects.  Ironically, it was six years ago today that I finished the schematic....





1 comment:

  1. love the form of this house kenny....really well done....only critique would be - no dining space shown....this is alot of square footage to not have a place to eat? What were the clients thoughts on this?

    ReplyDelete